A 44-year career banking executive and entrepreneur, Kyle Waters’ primary focus today is on community banking, retail and branch banking, and small-business banking.
Before retiring in 2008, Waters served in numerous roles at Hibernia National Bank, now Capital One Bank.
Waters’ background in banking is diverse. At Hibernia, he served in the Branch, Audit, Finance, Commercial Banking and Small Business Banking divisions, becoming the youngest banking officer in the bank’s history. The leadership and managerial portion of his career, which positioned Waters as one of the industry’s most experienced bankers, began as Vice President of Correspondent Banking with a five-state territory surrounding Louisiana.
Waters helped create and implement a sales and service culture at Hibernia by being part of the initial design team, training his branches, reporting and tracking sales, and coaching constantly. Eventually rising to a senior executive level, he led a team of more than 2,500 bankers in five Louisiana regions and a distribution network of 165 branches, all representing more than $15 billion in deposits and $7 billion in loans. During his tenure as Texas Retail Banking Executive, Waters helped implement the bank’s aggressive Texas expansion program and quickly brought it to profitability. Waters also has led teams that integrated and converted five acquired banks and participated in many more as a team member.
Coming out of retirement in 2009, Waters was named President and a board member of OMNIBANK, a $750-million community bank serving Jefferson and Orleans parishes in Louisiana, the state’s largest MSA.
During his tenure at OMNI, Waters enhanced sales, service, revenue, and efficiency and implemented effective expense control and compliance platforms. He led the design and execution of strategic, profit, liquidity and capital plans approved by the Board, as well as robust regulatory management, communications and business improvement plans. In addition, Waters led the company through negotiations with and the profitable sale of OMNI to IBERIABANK, effective May 31, 2011.
Waters received his bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in management from the University of Southwest Louisiana, now the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He also is a graduate of the National Commercial Lending School in Norman, Okla., and the Graduate School of Banking at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge.
Mr. Waters’ professional mission statement is “Helping Community Banks Thrive.”
With a strong background in banking and accounting, Mr. Bower focuses on loan review, internal auditing and accounting services primarily for community banks.
While the main focus of his practice is loan review, he also performs internal audit and Bank Secrecy Act audit services for several community banks. Bower helps clients develop strong internal audit plans that protect the bank, employees and shareholders by using modern banking risk assessments.
With Florida National Bank in Jacksonville, Bower began his customer-focused banking career as a private banker managing a $10-million loan portfolio and related deposits for professionals, as well as for high-net-worth individuals and their businesses. He also assisted clients with personal financial management.
Bower later joined Arthur Andersen LLP in New Orleans, where his eight-year tenure included three and a half years as Audit Manager. There, Bower and his team developed a significant internal audit practice that positioned Andersen as internal auditor for eight banks. He also served as manager for more than 20 client relationships in the banking, gaming, not-for-profit, public education and healthcare industries.
Bower then returned to banking as Chief Financial Officer for Guaranty Savings Bank in Metairie, where he managed the accounting and finance functions for that $230-million publicly traded savings bank. His responsibilities included SEC filings, annual audits, internal financial reporting, budgeting, the bank’s allowance for loan loss, asset/liability management and regulatory reporting.
He received his bachelor of arts degree in economics from Duke University in Durham, N.C., and his master’s degree in business administration from the University of North Florida in Jacksonville. He is a Certified Public Accountant, a member of the Louisiana Society of CPAs and its Financial Institutions Committee, and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
- 45-year banker with broad expertise in Commercial, Retail and Real Estate lending.
- Former Executive Vice President of Retail Banking, Small Business Banking and Mortgage Banking for $22-billion Hibernia National Bank of New Orleans prior to its sale to Capital One Financial Corporation.
- Led Hibernia’s Wealth Management Group with more than $7 billion in assets under management.
- A founding owner of Hibernia Consultants, L.L.C., providing executive and advisory services to community banks.
- President of First Private Trust Company, a private financial institution that manages assets for the family of a prominent New Orleans entrepreneur.
- Adviser to Dale Carnegie Training’s Global Services Division.
- 1971 graduate of the University of Notre Dame with a bachelor’s degree in government and international relations.
- 35-year career banker with a background in credit analysis, loan review and asset-based monitoring systems.
- Specialization in asset-based lending (receivables and inventory loans) and quality control audits for community banks.
- Extensive background in developing accounts receivable audits, controls and monitoring systems for small community banks.
- Former Vice President and Credit Department Manager of OMNIBANK, a $735-million community bank where she was responsible for ensuring quality credit analysis and decisioning, as well as establishing the asset-based lending department.
- 1981 graduate of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge with a bachelor’s degree in finance.
- Former Senior Vice President and Manager of Business Banking for two southern Louisiana regions of Capital One Bank.
- 33-year successful career in banking with a focus on Private and Business banking for companies with annual sales between $2 million and $20 million.
- Former Credit Approval Officer and manager of Hibernia National Bank’s North, Southwest and Central Louisiana Credit Department with responsibility for analysis and preparation of underwriting for credits up to $20 million; a voting member of its senior loan committee.
- Participated in several due diligence exams for bank acquisitions.
- 1985 graduate of Oklahoma State University with bachelor’s and master’s degrees in business administration.
- 42-year banker with expertise in regulatory and bank examination.
- Former National Bank Examiner with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, where she conducted examinations in all areas of national banking as Examiner-In-Charge.
- Selected as an International Bank Examiner and participated in examinations of foreign branches of U.S. banks in Paris, Brussels and London.
- Background with commercial banks in senior leadership roles as manager of credit administration divisions responsible for compliance, loan review, asset-based lending, and consumer, mortgage and commercial loan administration.
- Expertise as Retail Credit Administrator for Whitney National Bank, New Orleans, with responsibility for all aspects of underwriting and loan documentation preparation, collections, student lending, Fair Lending and HMDA compliance. Chairman of the bank’s Fair Lending Committee.
- President and owner of MCG Consulting, LLC, a bank consulting company providing services to small and medium-sized banks with a focus on operational and efficiency reviews, compliance/BSA audits, and review of policies and procedures.
- 1971 graduate of the University of New Orleans with a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- Certified as a Consumer Regulatory Compliance Manager.
- 32-year banker with broad experience in Commercial and Retail banking.
- Background in credit analysis of small businesses, risk rating and collection of loans.
- Expertise in all aspects of branch banking, from branch operations, audits and customer service to branch management.
- Former Vice President at Chase Bank with responsibility for Small Business banking development and portfolio management.
- Participated in loan reviews for several bank acquisitions.
- Loan Review Certification through BAI.
- 1979 graduate of Mercer University in Georgia with a bachelor’s degree in history with a concentration in economics and additional studies at the University of New Orleans.
- Former Executive Vice President and Regional Credit Executive for Capital One Bank (formerly Hibernia National Bank.)
- 38 years of banking experience in Commercial, Small Business, and Agricultural lending.
- Responsible for Credit Risk and Approval for Capital One’s $5 billion small business loan portfolio (generally to companies with sales of $20 million and below.)
- Responsible for Credit Risk and Approval for Capital One’s $27 billion Middle Market commercial portfolio including loans to General Motors, Dollar Tree, and many other similarly sized corporations.
- Specialization in Agricultural, Commercial Agri-Business, Automobile Floorplan, Consumer Finance, and Energy lending and broad based experience in general commercial lending.
- Former manager of Capital One’s southern region’s credit analysis and training program.
- 1975 graduate of Louisiana State University with bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Business.
- Successfully farmed and co-owned a farm management company responsible for over 20,000 areas of farmland in 4 states on behalf of European investors.
- 36-year banker with focus on loan review and credit policy.
- Created loan review function for two community banks.
- Liaison with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency for 2 mid-sized Louisiana community banks.
- Performed due diligence on numerous banks acquired by Hibernia National Bank, now Capital One Bank.
- Former Vice President and Regional Loan Review Field Manager for Capital One Bank’s Southwest Region.
- Responsible for loan review administration, including risk rating, assessing criticized loans, determining accrual status and establishing loan loss reserves for Capital One Bank and a $1.3-billion south Louisiana community bank.
- 1978 graduate of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, La., with a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA (inactive).
- 47-year banker with a strong background in Commercial lending.
- Retired President and CEO of Metairie Bank and Trust Co., a $350-million asset community bank.
- Background in credit administration, which positioned him to manage underwriting and portfolio servicing.
- Extensive management experience leading commercial teams to ensure they developed not only loan and deposit business, but also quality and profitable business for the bank.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Metairie Bank and Trust Co.
- 2011-12 Chairman of the Louisiana Bankers Association.
- Retired Firing Battery Executive officer, U.S. Army Field Artillery.
- 1969 graduate of Xavier University of Ohio with a bachelor’s degree in economics and minors in physics, math and philosophy.
- 1976 graduate of the A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University in New Orleans, with a master’s degree in business administration concentrating in finance and accounting.